Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What I Wore: 9.14.11

Upon hearing that President Obama was coming to speak at my school, I immediately decided I would wear my new 5" black wedges & a dress [not too formal, nor regular], but then I figured I'd be standing in line too long for all that so I opted for sandals.




 I'll save this ticket forever. Waiting in line all hours of the morning 2 days in a row was worth it because our President is everything! I was a part of history, y'all!






My roomies & I waiting in line for the doors to open! They're so cute.

Anywho,  I got this dress that was originally $70 at Urban Outfitters for...[drum roll]... $20! They gave the customers an extra 50% off all clothes that were on sale. I love the classic narrow pleats and how it draws the eye downward to make me appear a bit taller. 
The sandals were the real steal, though! They were originally $94 [pricey, but they're real leather] at Topshop and I got them for free [with the purchase of these lovely open-toed black pumps]! They had a really good BOGO sale on all of their Summer shoes...therefore I couldn't resist. We all know that the best time to buy for a season is during the transition to the next season.



I wore black accessories instead of my usual nude or khaki for contrast...the belt is vintage from that Flea Market I loved so much in NY. I wanted a burgundy lip because I'm beyond ready for Fall & I figured it would be different to pair with this neon lime green... but I think I would've liked a plum lip better. Vintage rings & earrings, and antique gold bangles from Light Years. I wore my aviator Ray-Bans, but I wish I would've gotten some cat-eye glasses!

xoJoelle
If you went to the event, what did you or what would you have worn?





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails