Friday, August 5, 2011

Sneak Peak of Essence Magazine's Sept. 2011 Issue

Already excited for Essence's issue for next month because 1: Tracee Ellis Ross [one of my fav black actresses] is back in action & looking beautiful as ever, and 2: three of my fav black women in the fashion industry are featured!


Gorgeous cover!



It's funny how short June still is in her 7 inch Louboutins

Fashion socialite Bevy Smith, DJ Kiss, Tai Beauchamp [former beauty and fashion editor for O magazine and the youngest and first African-American Beauty Director for Seventeen magazine], FashionBombDaily.com founder Claire Sulmers, celebrity stylist June Ambrose, and fashion designer Tracy Reese all joined together in a beautiful shoot for Essence, highlighting their accomplishments and journeys. Can't wait to get my copy of the issue!
Claire is the founder of what I call the "go to" fashion blog for news in the industry, particularly with interest to the Black community. I was one of the "fashion bombshells" on her site and though I've only communicated with her a couple of times, I know that she is a very kind and hard-working person! I hope to meet her in person at Fashion Week.


Bevy, Claire and DJ Kiss pose for a few shots


Tracy [with whom, as you all know, I'd interned all summer] is one of the very few, if not only, African-American women in the CFDA [Certified Fashion Designers of America] and one of the few to show her designs in NY Fashion Week. She is my Shero and a woman I really look up to as I embark on my own journey in the fashion industry [as I told her in a long, heartfelt thank-you letter which she should probably be receiving in the mail today, haha]. She looks fab in one of her own designs - a sheer black dress with cream-colored embroidery retailed at $525, [a dress I really, really wanted to buy for my personal order at the end of my internship, but was sold out ;-/] and worn by Mrs. Obama here.
I also had the pleasure of meeting June in all of her vivaciousness this Summer! She does a great job styling our fav celebs from Chrisette Michele to Jay-Z, and I hope to see her at NYFW as well!




Another shot of DJ Kiss, Claire, and Bevy behind the scenes
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails