Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Celeb Fashion at the 2011 Met Gala



This year's Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute Gala was dedicated to the late great Alexander McQueen. With that said, I expected drama and avant-garde...not the typical red carpet looks. If I were to attend an event honoring such an amazing designer, I would make sure my gown exuded the ideals and vision of that particular designer. If I could afford it, I would actually wear one of his designs!

Check out the good & bad looks of the 2011 Met Gala:



John Legend's girl, Christine Teigen, wore a Chris Mach feathered black gown, which, to me, looked too bird-like. There's a certain way to do avant-garde, and I feel like the feathers just weren't placed well enough to make her look stunning & not take away.


Tory Burch & Kanye 



Some critics feel like Ciara didn't give the "wow" factor, but I feel like this was JUST enough to keep heads turned and cameras flashing. Ciara looks gorg in this Prabal Gurung gown!


My boy Karl and Blake Lively.


AndrĂ©. Yes we want drama, but this is too much! You look like Barney in drag. 




My ABSOLUTE fav! So perfect for the night's occasion, drama + glamour + poise = everything! Yes to Christina Ricci in Zac Posen! 
I live.


Ashley Olsen [the good twin]  also hit the nail on the head in this vintage Christian Dior Haute Couture gown. Drama, but not emitted through a long train at the bottom of her dress - which seemed to be the popular option last night.


Lala gave us a bit more of a Golden Globe red carpet feel, rather than Met Gala. She and her beau, Carmelo, looked picture perfect nonetheless. She's wearing a nude Vera Wang gown.


'Ye is looking dapper in Tory Burch's first menswear collection: "a la mode". He looks edgy and I love it.


Iman opted for a slightly more casual option, wearing a glam bronze Stella McCartney jumpsuit. I'm kind of on the fence about this one!


Serena wore an Oscar de la Renta gown topped with Philip Treacy hat. Seems like she got inspired by the Royal Wedding this past weekend! I can dig it. But who is that behind her to the right?? That dress is dope!


Naomi wore a more intricate white gown by McQueen, which was very appropriate for the evening. Don't know if I can get with her hair though.


Keri is donning a grey Versace gown with a unique train. I love it! But again...her hair could've been better.



Janelle Monae is seen here in Chanel. Love the blouse, but quite frankly I'm over this black & white suit look for her! You dress like this occasion after occasion, we get it! You did this as an up-and-coming artist to stand out and get noticed. Great. Now it's time to tightrope your behind to a gown!



Our darling, Rihanna. Drama & elegance, but I wasn't quite blown away.



Jennifer took a break from completely showing off her new figure and wore a gown by Vera Wang. Pretty!



Disappointed in Jessica Alba's look. This is a Ralph Lauren gown, but it looks somewhat cheap.



Taylor wore a J. Mendel gown with an intricate train. I was actually pleasantly surprised with her choice.


Kerry in this Escada gown = boring.



Fergie looks absolutely amazing in this nude Marchesa gown!



The Carters = perfection. Jay in Tom Ford and Bey in a mermaid-cut Emillio Pucci dress.

Yuck! I don't like this on Alicia. It looks oldddd. Like, "let's dress grandma in this armadillo jacket for church" old. Ew.


Our Soul-angel wore a funky Dries Van Noten dress. I love it!


Who was your fav?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails