Monday, May 16, 2011

C.O.J's Stylish Students of the Year: Ashley Hardesty & Jeremy Brown


Ashley & Jeremy are two of the most stylish people I've met at my school. In addition to having an exceptional amount of knowledge of the industry, they exemplify true style day in and day out. I really admire their boldness and ingenuity. Check out the pics & interviews below!





Ashley Hardesty 
Twitter: @LeBelle
age: 21 years of age

mini bio: I'm currently an upcoming senior attending North Carolina State University; majoring in Fashion Textile Management with a concentration in Fashion Development and Brand Management.  I've always been interested in fashion since I was young.  Starting with my parents allowing me to dress myself at age 6.  I would go through at least three outfit looks a day.  I believe because my parents were so supportive and let me express myself at such a young age, I was able to branch into a young woman who is never afraid to make a statement. Be it BIG or small. 
 
one article of clothing you cant live without: Skirts! I love how skirts are feminine and accentuate the hips.  Be it if they're empire and skin tight, Maxi length to the floor, or tulip. Love them all!

most stylish celeb: Solange Knowles/Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen

fav place to shop: Second hand thrift stores and Vintage online shops. 

fav summer trend: Color blocked clothing

fav designer & why: I don't really have a favorite designer but I do like the designers under the Alexander McQueen label. The designs are so imaginative and exaggerated like out of a children's story book. It makes me think of clothing as simply fabric to embody silhouettes and not a captive expression of how you should dress or there being a correct way to dress. Express yourself they're just garments.
 

how would you describe your personal style: "Hippie Chic". Im intune with my inner child. I'm expressive of my culture. I love my oversized and torn shirts. I love my cut off jeans/ shorts. I love my turbans, head wraps, and scarves. I love my Louis Vuitton bags. I like my feathers and leather. Jewel tones and pearls. I like my couture labels. I like my six inch heels.

Career Objective: Ultimately, to have my own Fashion Styling and Fashion Production Firm in New York and California. Providing Fashion Styling for celebrities, socialites, and production for Fashion Shows.  Prior to graduating, I would like to work with notary brands in the industry with marketing and branding. 


 

Jeremy J Brown
Age: 22

mini bio: I’m an aspiring Men’s Fashion Designer/Stylist, a senior at North Carolina State University, Majoring in Fashion and Apparel Management with a concentration in Fashion Development & Product Management.

one article of clothing you can’t live without: I am in love with my African Dashiki I love it I love it I love it (it was a present that my friend got me on her study abroad to Africa), oh and my YSL black blazer! I love that thing.

most stylish celeb: Hands down Lauryn Hill. Yeah, I said it Ms.Hill…she is beyond this life time for me. She does all the wrong things but they seem so right for me. I love her. Anything she wears just blows me.

fav place to shop: I love to shop in thrift stores and Ready-to-Wear shops that’s all I don’t shop anywhere else. I might do an occasional J.Crew, though.

fav summer trend: I don’t do trends. I wear what ever I like no matter if the masses are wearing it or not. Yeah I’m not big on trends or fast fashion.

fav designer & why: The beloved Lee Alexander McQueen, he is an absolute genius point blank period. I’m amazed at how he brings dreams to reality; he is so fantasy like. And it’s not just about fashion, it’s about everything like the demeanor of a woman or man - with his shows he creates movies. He is what fashion has missed for a long time. Most importantly, I love how he takes risks and doesn’t care what anyone else is doing - what’s in what’s not, or what the color of the season is. HE JUST DESIGNS!! I love that. So sad he left us. But I pull my hat off to Sarah Burton, she is doing a brilliant job with the line now.

how would you describe your personal style: my style I guess is eclectic; I have an anything goes attitude when it comes to fashion. If it looks right on you, go for it.  Someone, no matter what you wear, will appreciate your style.


career goals: Ultimately I want to have my own line, and a styling firm. I also would like to become the McQueen/Poiret/Balmain of North America (brands that I really look up to). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails