Thursday, April 1, 2010

C.O.J.'s Stylish Students: Alexey Stepankov

I decided to start this series on my blog for people I see on my campus that have a really nice/different/dope sense of style. Who better to start it off with than my homie Alex? I met Alex at a camp a couple of summers ago for aspiring Textile students at NC State, and I've loved him ever since! He's so sweet and down-to-earth...






Name: Alexey Stepankov
Age: 20
Location: Raleigh, NC
Quick Bio: I'm from Russia, lived there for the first 8 years of my life, a lot of the influences I've gotten on fashion started there. All I could do was look at people on the streets, look at different clothes, look at the way my parents raised me - I was raised by my grandmother, my sister, and my mom. In Europe, it's completely different from here, everyone dresses up all the time. In my family there was never a "dress down" moment, so I've always kind of been in that mode even when I came to America. I'm a freshman in Textiles, I aspire to be a Stylist. I am constantly thinking about styling and piecing together clothes for me, people, and gosh just about everyone I see on the street.


Inspirations? Viktor & Rolf, Lady Gaga, my parents, traveling, Indie designers, Alexander McQueen, Rick Owens

Fav Designers? Alexander McQueen, Katie Eary, Rad Hourani, Jeremy Scott

One article of clothing you can't live without? Slouchy beanie hat!

Future Career? Stylist

How would you describe your personal style? In the process of changing, urban, open-minded...

Most fashionable celeb? Lady Gaga!

Fav place to shop? The internet, like 95% of my clothes are bought off of the internet


A few more of Alex's looks...





Alex is the first, and most definitely not the last subject of this series! 
NC STATE STUDENTS: I'll be on the look out for more fashion-forward guys & girls to recognize! If you have any suggestions, hit me up on facebook...until then I have a few in mind :)
Who's next?
Will it be you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails